It’s been a long time coming! The why, the how, the what. First off, why make the switch? Most “deodorants” that you find on the shelf of your local drug store are actually “antiperspirants” that often contain aluminum, pthalates, fragrance, parabens and many other toxic ingredients linked to cancer and hormone disruption. The ingredients (mainly aluminum) in these products stop the natural process of sweating, hence the term “anti-perspirant.” I know sweating isn’t glamorous, but it is an important and normal detoxification process that we don’t necessarily want to stop. Our armpits are a direct gateway to our lymph system, a network of tissues and organs that help rid the body of toxins, waste and other unwanted materials. I don’t know about you but putting toxic ingredients in that area day after day feels like a bad idea. Just rip off the bandaid and make the switch! I’ve found that once your body adjusts, you sweat less and there is less odor than before. Throughout this transition period, an armpit detox can really help with odor, remove toxins, and speed up the process.
Armpit detox via @wellnessmama
* 1 tablespoon bentonite clay
* 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
* 1-2 teaspoons of water (to get right consistency)
1. Mix all of the ingredients in a glass bowl (do not use metal!) with a wooden or non-metal spoon until about the consistency of sour cream.
2. Spread in an even layer over the armpits and allow to sit for 5-20 minutes. Start slowly and work up to a longer period of time once you see how your body adjusts. If it hurts at all, remove immediately.
3. Wash off in the shower or with a warm, wet washcloth.
4. Repeat daily or as needed until under-arm odor goes away and natural deodorant is non-irritating.
My favorite deodorant is from Primally Pure. I’ve tried many of them but theirs seems to keep me feeling fresh the longest and my underarms stay silky smooth. The blue tansy is my favorite but the geranium is a close second. I also love their other beauty products. The blue tansy cream is GOOD.
Use code “erinsaid” for 10% off at Primally Pure and thank me later!